There's a lot of information — and misinformation — when it comes to COVID-19 and the vaccine. We've pulled together a list of resources to help you access information about testing locations and vaccine registration. Please keep in mind that information changes rapidly.
COVID-19 General Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Cook County Department of Public Health
- How to Protect Yourself and Others (CDC)
- Medicare & Coronavirus
- The Smithsonian's Vaccines & Us: Make an informed decision about COVID‑19 vaccines and get help discussing the vaccines with your family, friends and community.
- Pandemic Health Navigator Program: After a positive COVID-19 test, navigators can assist with social service support, personal care education, vaccine access and logistics like groceries during quarantine.
- Cook County Department of Health's Guidance for Suburban Cook County School Districts
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Find a Vaccine
- Vaccine Appointment Call Center: (833) 621-1284, open 7 days a week from 6 a.m. to midnight
- Illinois Vaccine Locations (enter your ZIP code to find nearby locations)
- VaccineFinder: Use this free, online service sponsored by the CDC to search for vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccine Hunter: Watch a video with Schaumburg Township officials for tips and tricks to help find a vaccine appointment
- Solv: See where you can book a vaccine appointment near you
- Homebound residents in Suburban Cook County can call the Cook County Vaccine Hotline at (833) 308-1988 to get added to a wait list for an in-home vaccine. Capacity to vaccinate is increasing; and as soon as vaccine supply and staff capacity allows, homebound residents will be contacted by a home health provider to make an appointment for an in-home vaccination. Hotline hours are Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Need a ride? The Cook County Department of Public Health is partnering with Kaizen Health to offer free rides to get people to and from their vaccinations. Schedule your ride by calling (833) 308-1988. Kaizen can provide vehicles to accommodate most residents, including those in wheelchairs or those who require child seats. This service is provided at no cost to residents.
Vaccine Registration & Locations
- Cook County Community Vaccination Program
- Meijer or text COVID to 75049 to receive a link to register
Vaccine Information by Phone/Mail
- Illinois' COVID-10 Hotline: (800) 889-3931 or email email@example.com
- Cook County Vaccine Registration Hotline: (833) 308-1988, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Lake County Hotline: (847) 377-8000
Outside Suburban Cook County
- Lake County Vaccine Information or call (847) 377-8000
- DuPage County COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- DuPage County Vaccine Registration
- City of Chicago Vaccine Registration
- Kane County Vaccine Registration (KaneVax) or call (855) 452-6382
After Your Shot