We’re proud to announce a new way for students in grades 7-12 to volunteer: Virtual Volunteens! It's totally online and all volunteer activities can be completed at home, letting you safely earn and track service hours.
Activities include making cards for kids in the hospital, participating in Illinois Library Association's #WeWereHere initiative and more.
How it works
- Register by creating an account in Beanstack and signing up for Virtual Volunteens
- Tip: If you've done our Summer Challenge within the last few years, you already have an account!
- Click on each activity badge for instructions on how to earn that badge through volunteer work.
- Complete the activity.
- Back in the badge instructions, you'll see a link to a form. Fill out that form to receive a special code.
- Enter the code in Beanstack to earn the badge.
Need to confirm your volunteer hours? Have questions? Contact us at VolunteerSquad@stdl.org.
Virtual Volunteen Card Challenge
As part of the Virtual Volunteens program, we've set a special goal for the summer! In exchange for earning volunteer hours from the library, we are asking you to help us make an impact. Our goal is to create 1,000 greeting cards for the organization CardzForKidz. This organization is dedicated to uplifting the spirits of children and seniors in hospitals all over the world. Their dedication to delivering inspiring homemade cards is made possible by volunteers like you!
If you're interested in participating, sign up for one of our two FAQ Sessions in May:
- Thursday, May 13, 2021 from 6-7 p.m. (Register May 1)
- Saturday, May 22, 2021 from 11 a.m. - Noon (Register May 15)
As a registrant, you will receive a Program Kit that includes enough materials to make 8 cards (which earns you 2 community service hours!), and directions for how to deliver your cards to the library to help us reach our goal.