We’re proud to announce a new way for students in grades 7-12 to volunteer: Virtual Volunteens! It's totally online and all volunteer activities can be completed at home, letting you safely earn and track service hours.
Activities include making cards for kids in the hospital and more.
How it works
- Register by creating an account in Beanstack and signing up for Virtual Volunteens
- Tip: If you've done our Summer Challenge within the last few years, you already have an account!
- Read about how to participate in virtual volunteer work in this packet. There are 4 different ways to volunteer to earn hours. If you're looking to earn the full 10 hours, we suggest mixing and matching the various activities, as some of these can be challenging.
- Complete the activity.
- Back in Beanstack, you'll see a link to a Completion Form. Fill out that form, which will send your work to the VolunteerSquad@stdl.org email.
- Within one week, you will receive a confirmation email letting you know if your work has been accepted or needs revisions.
- A Secret Code will be sent do you for each hour you successfully complete. Enter that code into Beanstack to unlock one hour of service.
- Need a certificate to confirm your service hours? Email VolunteerSquad@stdl.org
Need to confirm your volunteer hours? Have questions? Contact us at VolunteerSquad@stdl.org.