All Library buildings are closed to the public, effective Monday, Nov.16 until further notice. You can still pick up materials using our Drive-Up Window and Pick-Up Lockers at the Central Library, or through Curbside Pick-Up at our branches.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and support. Your health and safety continue to be our highest priorities. We'll continue to follow guidance and guidelines from the governor’s office, public health officials and library associations to do our part to keep our community safe.
Please review the information below regarding changes to our hours of service, safety guidelines, services available and more. Please note that all information listed here is subject to change without notice.
130 S. Roselle Road • Schaumburg, IL • (847) 985-4000
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 12 to 5 p.m.
Hanover Park and Hoffman Estates Branches
Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Drive-Up Window is now open at our Central Library. Just select “Drive-Up” when placing items on hold, then wait to be notified that your items are ready to pick up. Limit 5 items per car.
- Curbside Pick-Up continues at our Hanover Park and Hoffman Estates Branches.
- Pick-Up Lockers are located at our Central Library and give you 24/7, contactless access to items you’ve requested.
- Returns accepted at outside drop boxes only
- Free WiFi extended to all Library parking lots
Services available online
- Online programs
- EBooks and eAudiobooks
- Streaming movies, TV shows and music
- Library card registration
- Library card renewal
- Online learning
- Research tools
- Wireless printing
- Chat with a librarian for help with reference questions, reading recommendations, technology questions and more
We’re all in this together! Here’s what we’re doing to help keep you safe.
- All staff must follow social distancing guidelines and maintain 6 feet of space apart from others while in the Library.
- Staff are required to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or not feeling well.
- Do your part: If you don’t feel well, stay home and seek medical treatment as needed.
- All staff are encouraged to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly while in the Library.
- Hand sanitizer is also readily available throughout the Library.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule for restrooms and highly touched surfaces.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at our service desks.
- We are quarantining returned items for a minimum of 4 days.