As of Jan. 25, all Library locations are open to the public. We’re so excited to see you in the Library, though things will look and feel a little different.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and support. Your health and safety continue to be our highest priorities. We'll continue to follow guidance and guidelines from the governor’s office, public health officials and library associations to do our part to keep our community safe.
Please review the information below regarding changes to our hours of service, safety guidelines, services available and more. Please note that all information listed here is subject to change without notice.
130 S. Roselle Road • Schaumburg, IL • (847) 985-4000
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 12 to 5 p.m.
Hanover Park and Hoffman Estates Branches
Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you prefer not to come into the Library, but still want to use our services, we have you covered.
- The Drive-Up Window is now open at our Central Library. Just select “Drive-Up” when placing items on hold, then wait to be notified that your items are ready to pick up. Limit 5 items per car.
- Curbside Pick-Up continues at our Hanover Park and Hoffman Estates Branches.
- Pick-Up Lockers are located at our Central Library and give you 24/7, contactless access to items you’ve requested.
Or, if you don’t mind coming inside but want to ensure you can maintain social distancing, try our new Self-Checks. They're an easy way to check out your own items and be on your way.
In order to serve you safely and to maximize social distancing, we have set the following maximum capacities for our locations:
Central Library: 100
Hanover Park Branch: 18
Hoffman Estates Branch: 18
To help us manage this reduced capacity, please only use the west entrance at the Central Library. The east entrance will be temporarily closed.
Please limit your time in the Library to a maximum of 1 hour per day. This will help us maximize social distancing while also serving as many community members as possible.
We’re all in this together! Here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe, and how you can help, too.
- All staff and patrons ages 2 and older must wear a mask while in the Library as part of state guidelines and Library policy.
- All staff and patrons must follow social distancing guidelines and maintain 6 feet of space apart from others while in the Library.
- Staff are required to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or not feeling well.
- Do your part: If you don’t feel well, stay home and seek medical treatment as needed.
- All staff and patrons are encouraged to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly while in the Library.
- Hand sanitizer is also readily available throughout the Library.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule for restrooms and highly touched surfaces.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at our service desks.
- We are quarantining returned items for a minimum of 4 days.
- Please follow directional arrows through the aisles.
- Please follow staff guidance regarding social distancing, capacities and time limits.
We have to admit: things don't look or work quite as they did before our closure. We’re continuing to take a cautious approach in making more services available, and look forward to adding in more of our services when it’s safe to do so.
Services available in-person
- Checking out items, including our new Self-Checks
- Using public computers (see below for more information)
- Printing, scanning, copying and faxing
- Library card registration and renewal
- Staff assistance with reference questions, reading recommendations, technology questions and more
- Curbside Pick-Up at our Hanover Park and Hoffman Estates branches; Drive-Up Window at Central Library
- Pick-Up Lockers at our Central Library
- Returns accepted at outside drop boxes only (please do not bring returns into the Library)
- Free wifi extended to all Library parking lots
- Home delivery
Services available online
- Online programs
- EBooks and eAudiobooks
- Streaming movies, TV shows and music
- Library card registration
- Library card renewal
- Online learning
- Research tools
- Wireless printing
Services not currently available
- Meeting and study rooms
- Using seating areas to work, study or read
- Toys, play areas and in-person video games
- In-person programs
- In-person staff appointments (such as Book A Librarian)
Using Public Computers
Public computers are available at all Library locations. We have reduced the number of computers available to ensure appropriate social distancing. Please read this important information as you plan to use a public computer:
- Computers are available for a maximum of 1 hour per day.
- Appointments are encouraged; walk-ins will be accommodated based on availability.
- To book an appointment, fill out a brief form or call (847) 923-3352.
- Appointments will be held for 15 minutes before releasing the time slot to any waiting patrons.
- All computers will shut down 15 minutes before the Library closes each day.
- If you need assistance while using the Library computers, please call (847) 923-3352. We will do our best to assist you over the phone or through remote connection to your computer before approaching your station to ensure appropriate social distancing.