It's National Poetry Month, so we're encouraging you to write your best for our Poetry Writing Contest. Entries will be accepted from April 1 - 30. Winners will be contacted in May and will need to pick up their prize in-person. Here's what else you need to know:
- Prizes will be awarded in three age divisions: 6-11, 12-19, 20 and up
- 250 words max
- Limit 2 entries per person
- Open to everyone (you do not need to have a Schaumburg Library card)
- Entries must be in a Word Document file with the poem title as the file name. PDFs and other file types will not be accepted.
- Submit your entry online below during the application period; otherwise, print copies will be accepted at all Library locations.