Libraries are more than just books. We’re more than the programs we host and a space to gather. While it’s impossible to list everything we do, please know that your support ensures we can offer countless services to those in your community who may need them.
A donation to Schaumburg Library supports the education, employment, entrepreneurship, engagement and empowerment of your community.
To make a donation, please visit any Library location.
Ways to Give
- Monetary donations support our Art Fund, unless otherwise specified by the donor. Monetary donations may be made in cash or by check made payable to Schaumburg Township District Library.
- Donation of materials such as books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks and videogames are accepted, based on suitability for our collection.
- Planned giving allows you to leave a lasting legacy by including Schaumburg Library in your estate plan, or by bequesting monetary funds, securities, real property or other assets to the Library.
- Memorial donations can be made in memory of a loved one.
- Other donations, such as art, computers or other equipment, will be evaluated individually.
Recognition of DonationsMonetary donations of $250 or more are recognized on our Donor Plaques, located at the Central Library.
Use of DonationsWhen items are donated to the Library, we evaluate each item to determine suitability for our collection. Reasons items may not be acceptable for our collection include: duplicate items, outdated materials, poor condition and specialized items. Donated items that cannot be added to our collection may be given to our book sale. We no longer accept donations of magazines, audio or video cassettes or vinyl records.
Additionally, please know that these items may someday be sold or disposed of in the best interest of the Library. We appreciate and respect each donation and no donation will be disposed of in a careless manner.