Looking for a way to maintain social distancing while checking out items? Or a way to skip the line? You’ll love our new self-checks — available now!
Self-checks are in the check out area at our Central Library, as well as in the Youth and Reference areas, and at our branches. And they are exactly what they sound like: an easy way for you to check out items yourself.
Watch a short video to see how self-checks work or scroll down for step-by-step directions.
To checkout items, simply:
- Scan your Library card (or enter the number)
- Enter your PIN
- Scan the barcode of each item (located on the back cover or inside the front cover)
- You’re done!
Our self-checks have some other great features you’ll want to try.
- Check out items in locked cases using the unlocker. Just put the DVD, video game or other locked case into the slot of the unlocker and your item will be unlocked and checked out automatically.
- Take a look at your account to see items you have checked out, on hold or overdue.
- Print or email a receipt. (Or choose no receipt.)
- Our self-checks are ADA compliant, allowing you to adjust the height of the buttons on the screen, increase the font size or change the contrast on the screen.
If you’re having trouble with the self-checks, just tap the “Request Help” button. This will notify our staff and someone will come to assist you.
Please note that items from our Library of Things collection (such as toys, hot spots and lighting equipment) are not eligible for self-check at this time.