We offer a variety of technology for public use at our Central Library and branch locations, including:
Public computers will be available at all Library locations. We have reduced the number of computers available to ensure appropriate social distancing. Please read this important information as you plan to use a public computer:
- Computers are available for a maximum of 2 hours per day per person. We recommend making an appointment to ensure a computer is available at your desired time.
- Teen and youth computers are limited to 1 hour per day.
- To book an appointment, fill out a brief form or call (847) 923-3352.
- Appointments will be held for 15 minutes before releasing the time slot to any waiting patrons.
- If you need assistance while using the Library computers, please call (847) 923-3352. We will do our best to assist you over the phone or through remote connection to your computer before approaching your station to ensure appropriate social distancing.
Free wireless Internet access is available throughout the Library. Just select the network named LIBRARY; no password needed.
Access the internet wherever you need it with our mobile hotspots! Wirelessly connect up to 10 devices and browse the internet for hours with unlimited data.
Reserve a hotspot online now or stop by the checkout desks at the Central Library to see if one is available.
- You must be a Schaumburg Library cardholder with an adult or teen card (children's cards cannot be used for hotspots)
- Checkout limit of 1
- 14-day loan
- Reservable, but not for a certain date
- No renewals
- $1 fine per day
- Do not return through the bookdrops. Hotspots must be returned in-person or at the drive-up window during normal operating hours.
Printers and Copiers
Printers and copiers are available for public use at all Library locations.
Black and white prints cost 10¢ per side for letter (8 ½" by 11") and legal (8 ½" by 14") sizes. Color prints are 50¢ per side.
You can pay for your printouts at the print station with cash or a credit card.
Digital Production Studio
Our Digital Studio is unavailable at this time. Please check back as we continue to evaluate our services. We hope to have it open again soon!
Digital Equipment Collection
Schaumburg Library cardholders can check out a lighting kit, tripod, and more as part of our Digital Media Equipment Collection. Available items are in a display case on the second floor near the Reference Desk, although some larger items are kept in a staff-only area – just ask a librarian and we'll grab it for you.
Search our catalog for a complete list of equipment. Check out period is 7 days, but the items are eligible for renewal.
Send us a 3-D object file, and we can make you a print with our Makerbot 3-D printer!
Complete our 3-D Print Request Form to send us your file.
We accept .stl files.
Print time cannot exceed five hours.
Base price is $1 plus the weight of the item in grams (10¢ per gram).
Pay upon pickup. Failure to pay will result in a one-month suspension from 3-D printing.
Allow one week to receive your finished model.
Questions? Send an email to @email.
VHS and Other Tape Transfers
Our in-library video transfer equipment is unavailable due to our limited services during the pandemic, but we have at-home kits available for checkout.
Need to use an old-school typewriter? We have one available at the Central Library. Call (847) 923-3347 or ask at the second-floor Information Desk for more information.
We offer self-service faxing at the Central Library for $1 per page.
Use the microfilm reader/printer at the Central Library to view our collection of historical publications, including the Daily Herald, Chicago Tribune and Wall Street Journal.