Using Study Rooms
After carefully reviewing our procedures and adding more safety and cleaning protocols, we're excited to make our study rooms available at all locations. Here's what you need to know:
- Only two people at a time in each study room.
- You must wear a mask at all times while in a study room.
- Reservations are encouraged; walk-ins will be accommodated based on availability.
- Each booking must be for a minimum of 1 hour, a maximum of 2 hours. Limit one booking per person, per day.
- One advanced registration is allowed per week and can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- Reservations will be cancelled if you do not show up within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.
- Request a study room online or call (847) 923-3347.
- Our staff will clean the high-touch surfaces of the study rooms between each use.
- Each study room now has a dedicated air purifier with a medical-grade HEPA air filter.
I'm in the study room by myself. Do I need to keep my mask on?
Yes. Our current policy on face masks states that masks are required at all times when in our Library buildings.
Are study rooms open the same hours as the Library?
Yes, with the exception of the Teen study rooms, which open at 2 p.m.
Can adults use Teen study rooms in the morning, as in the past?
Sorry, no. At this time, the Teen study rooms (rooms 1-3 at the Central Library) will be reserved for teens only as we look to offer a space for teens to complete remote learning and homework. Teen study rooms will open at 2 p.m.
Will Library equipment be available for use within the Study Rooms?
At this time, only the cords to connect your personal device to the screen in the room will be available. Library laptops, dry erase markers and other equipment will not be available.
Schaumburg Library is not my home library, but my card is registered there. Can I use a study room?
Can you tell me more about the air purifier?
Each study is now equipped with a Medify MA-40W2 V2.0 medical grade filtration H13 True HEPA for 840 Sq. Ft. Air purifier, 99.9%.