Library Material Display
Library material displays are planned, organized, and implemented by Library staff. Library staff use the following criteria in making decisions about display topics, materials, and accompanying resources:
- Community needs and interest;
- Availability and accessibility of display space;
- Historical or educational significance of materials displayed;
- Connection to other community or national programs, exhibitions, or events; and
- Relation to Library collections, resources, exhibits, and programs.
In addition, the Library draws upon other community resources in developing displays and may partner with other community agencies, organizations, educational institutions, or individuals to develop and present co-sponsored displays. The Library will strive to include a wide spectrum of opinions and viewpoints in Library-initiated displays and exhibits, and to offer displays that appeal to a range of ages, interests, and information needs.
Library-initiated displays should not exclude topics, books, media, and other resources solely because they may be considered to be controversial. The choice to display certain materials does not constitute an endorsement by Schaumburg Township District Library of the content of the display, or of the views expressed in the materials on display.
Approved by Schaumburg Library Board of Trustees on August 28, 2023.