Schaumburg Township District Library uses social media to increase awareness of and accessibility to its programs, resources and services in order to serve the cultural, educational, informational and recreational needs of our community.
Comments are welcome on the Library’s social media sites so long as they comply with this Social Media Policy. The Library does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments on its social media sites.
While the Library recognizes and respects differing opinions, all comments will be monitored regularly and reviewed for content, relevancy and appropriateness. The Library reserves the right to remove comments that violate this Social Media Policy and to ban users who repeatedly violate this Policy. Posts containing any of the following are prohibited and may be removed or restricted:
- Obscene, sexual, or pornographic content and/or language
- Content that promotes discrimination on the basis of race, age, religion, gender
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest (copyright or trademark)
- Threats to any person
- Conduct that violates any federal, state, or local law or encourages illegal activity
- Promotion of any commercial activities not related to library business
- Spam or links to malware/viruses
- Content that advocates or promotes a candidate, referendum, or campaign
Content posted on Library social media sites is subject to the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and record retention laws. Participation in Schaumburg Township District Library social media services implies agreement with this policy.
Approved by Schaumburg Township District Library Board of Trustees on April 19, 2021